Garden House at Plaza de Espana
The Garden House dates back since the birth of the
Plaza. It had thick manposteria walls with ifil wood beams and
clay tile roofing. Some alterations were made through the years
so that the building no longer contains the original ifil wood beams,
but the tile roof has been retained. Capiz shell windows,
similar to those found in the original Palace, are seen here.
The structure was first used as storage space for
garden tools and supplies. Later, it was utilized by the
Americans also as a schoolhouse. The Guam Museum has been housed
in the structure since 1954 displaying items that represent the
history of Plaza de Espana.
to Plaza de Espana or