Kiosko at the Plaza de Espana
During the Spanish times, the Kiosko or bandstand was located in front
of the Governor's Palace. Early in the 1900s, the Americans
moved the Kiosko to one side of the Plaza de Espana to allow for the
Marines baseball field. Then in 1930 the Plaza was landscaped
thus placing the Kiosko in its present location. The Kiosko was
destroyed in the naval bombardment of Agana that precluded the
liberation of Guam in 1944 and was subsequently rebuilt after the war.
The Kiosko continues to be used for numerous functions including the
inaugurations of elected Governors Carlos Camacho, Ricardo Bordallo,
Paul Calvo, Joseph Ada, and Carl Gutierrez.
to Plaza de Espana or