Santa Rita is located on the southwestern side of Guam and is part of
the Haya (Southern) District. This village does not have an original
name because it was established in 1945 when residents were moved from
the destroyed Sumay village. “Santa Rita” is the patron saint of
abused wives. It is not clear how the name was decided upon, nor for
what reason the name was chosen when the village was established.